Discover all the affordable ingredients and a beginner friendly gluten free pancake recipe you can make for yourself and your loved ones. Enjoy!
Gluten-free buckwheat pancakes are a vision of health I love cooking at the weekend as my decadent vegan food treat. Enjoy them with plant-based yoghurt, berries or a drizzle of maple syrup for a breakfast indulgence that makes you feel good and keeps you healthy.
This post contains independently selected affiliate links. If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. See our disclosures here to find out more.
PREP TIME less than 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
- Buckwheat flour (1 cup)
- 4 rounded tbsp buckwheat flour
- 4 rounded tsp gluten-free plain flour
- 150ml/5fl oz coconut milk (or almond milk if preferred)
- 1 ripe banana (or 1 cup of apple sauce if preferred)
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of natural baking soda
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg (or any nuts or seeds of your choice
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil or vegetable oil for frying
- Maple syrup
- Plant-based yoghurt
- fresh or frozen berries, defrosted if frozen
- Start by mixing together all the dry ingredients including buckwheat flour, natural baking soda, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a mixing bowl until they are well blended.
- Add coconut milk first and the mashed ripe banana next to the dry ingredients, and mix everything until there are no visible traces of dry flour.
- Continue by adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to the batter to prevent it from sticking during the frying process
- Heat a non-stick pancake pan over a medium–high heat. When it is hot, add a drizzle of oil and carefully wipe it across the pan with a little piece of kitchen paper. Use a dessert spoon to pour the batter in small portions into the hot pan. The batter should quickly start to bubble. After about a minute or two little holes will appear on the surface and the edges of the pancakes. Flip the pancakes over with a spatula and cook for one to two more minutes.
- Set the pancakes aside on a warm plate or a baking tray while you cook the remaining batter in the same way, oiling the base of the pan before each batch of pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes in a stack, drizzled with maple syrup or topped with a spoonful of vegan yoghurt and berries. Additionally, you can enjoy your pancakes with fresh cucumber juice to boost your immune system.
Enjoy your pancakes, and share some recipe pictures with us on Pinterest and Instagram!